Turmeric, which is also known as Curcumin or Haldi is one of the most wonderful and magical herbs of India. Indian cuisine predominantly uses this herb while cooking. This herb has numerous health and medicinal benefits and is called populary as dadiji ke nuske (suggestions from grandmother).
The most ancient form of Indian medicine uses turmeric in preparation of medicines. This spice is rich with anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants. It has been known to fight free radicals, cleanse the liver, boosts moods, support the brain and rejuvenate the cells.
Health tip: Add one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drink it. You can name it as “Golden milk” 🙂
Here are top ten health benefits of turmeric:
- It is effective in curing asthma.
- It helps in anemia.
- It helps the stomach to cope with the digestive acids.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory property it helps with the pain occurring in PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome) and thus alleviates the mood changes and depression. It also helps during menopause period.
- The use of turmeric in diet is associated with reduced occurrence of goitre. Curcumin is beneficial in reducing inflammation in thyroiditis.
- It protects bone tissue and prevents bone loss.
- It helps in reducing inflammation in gingivitis and helps in overall oral health.
- It protects liver from toxicity due to heavy metal, drugs and poisonous compounds.
- It has anti-obesity properties; it prevents fat deposit and improves metabolic health.
- It is a therapy which one can try on uterine fibroids because of its ability to inhibit uterine fibroid cell proliferation. It also helps in regulating the hormones is beneficial in treatment of Poly cystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Latest posts by Pooja Doshi (see all)
- Do you know these 10 benefits of Turmeric (Haldi)? - May 12, 2018
- How does Green Tea benefit us? - May 12, 2018
- 10 Little Known Ways tomatoes benefits us - March 16, 2018