Green tea is a huge favorite for all women for very known reasons, weight loss 😉 But it has more benefits than that! Let us talk about them here. Green tea is a type of tea which is made from Camellia sinensis leaves that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation process used to make oolong teas and black teas.
Here are top ten benefits of green tea:
- Studies have shown that the polyphenols in tea have been shown to decrease tumor and may protect damage against ultraviolet UVB radiation.
- Researchers believe that it is the high level of polyphenols in tea that helps kill cancerous cells and stop them from growing. The different types of cancer are breast, bladder, ovarian, bowel, throat, lung, prostate, skin and stomach.
- It also helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate.
- It improves the brain functioning and also protects brain in old age.
- It lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- It helps in killing bacteria and potentially lowers the risk of infections.
- Consumption of Green tea may lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Green tea also dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the blood, which protects the LDL particles from oxidation, which is one part of the pathway towards heart disease.
- Green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.
Latest posts by Pooja Doshi (see all)
- Do you know these 10 benefits of Turmeric (Haldi)? - May 12, 2018
- How does Green Tea benefit us? - May 12, 2018
- 10 Little Known Ways tomatoes benefits us - March 16, 2018