- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- December 22, 2016
Majjige huli is the clear Kannada recipe name. In English it is yogurt curry. In our house my husband is ardent fan of this curry. If I come to my in-laws house everybody (mother in-law, father in-law and brother in law) are great fans of this dish. If this recipe is prepared in the house means everyone’s mood will be in joyous state. In my mother side, my sister and mom both like it if ” I prepare it”. Now my son doesn’t like as he is too young. Later, he may start liking it.
Usually this recipe is good with nuchina unde or mudde and goes well with rice also. I have prepared this recipe today and invited my friends and their kids to our house. Everyone really relished my majjige huli , papad and nucchina unde recipe today.
We had fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Boil the cucumber pieces and salt with minimum water. Once the cucumber pieces are boiled
- Make a paste of shredded coconut, coriander leaves, split dal soaked in water, green chillies, jeera flakes, asafoetida and salt. Paste will be in green colour.
- Now add the above prepared green paste for the boiled cucumber and allow the mixture to boil for few minutes.
- Now all the cucumber pieces will get the masala taste.
- At last add the yogurt of 3 big spoons and heat the mixture till first bubble comes. Don't boil too much, then the taste will be reduced.