- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- July 9, 2017
Gobi Manchurian is a side dish that is made of Cauliflower.
Dry Manchurian can be made by omitting the gravy. Make florets as above and instead of adding water as above, add fried florets, spring onions and soya sauce at this stage. Sprinkle 1 tsp. cornflour on the florets and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Serve piping hot with toothpicks or mini forks and chilli garlic sauce or tomato sauce.
- Boil the florets for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water, to which a tbsp. of milk has been added.
- Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp.cornflour, adding 1/4 tsp. each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the florets in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions.
- Stir fry for a minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add florets and soya sauce. Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.