- Preparation time
- 2 mins
- Cooking time
- 5 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- March 24, 2016
Green tea is one of the healthiest beverage on the planet. Green tea has been used as a medicine for thousands of years, originating in China but widely used throughout Asia this beverage has a multitude of uses from lowering blood pressure to preventing cancer. The reason that green tea has more health benefits attached to it than black tea is (apparently) due to the processing. Black tea is processed in a way that allows for fermentation whereas green tea’s processing avoids the fermentation process. As a result, green tea retains maximum amount of antioxidants and poly-phenols the substances that give green tea its many benefits.
It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible benefits.
- Heat water in a pot, keep an eye on the water so that it doesn't boil.
- Place the tea bag into an empty mug or cup.
- Pour the heated water into the mug, over the tea bag.
- Let the tea bag soak in the water for 2-3 minutes. If you let steep for longer, it will get bitter.
- If you don't like the taste of the green tea, you can always add a table spoon of honey to it.
- To add flavor, you can add mint or basil leaves or a little lemon juice to the tea.