- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- December 31, 2017
Kandharappam/கந்தரப்பம் is an authentic chettinad sweet recipe which is usually made during Deepawali. Soft and easy enough to make and delicious to eat. Ensure to measure the ingredients at each step.
The following two tabs change content below.
Kalpana is a techie and loves cooking and trying different dishes. She loves traveling just as much as cooking.
- Take 1 cup of rice, 1 cup urad dal heaped onto the rice and then place 1 tsp fenugreek in a vessel
- Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek in water for minimum 2 hours. Then grind it into a fine paste.
- Add powdered jaggery and coconut. Grind well till they are all mixed.
- Keep the mix in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration take it out and add milk & cardamom powder and mix well
- Take the mixture in a ladle and pour into the hot oil. The appam will rise on top.
- Deep fry the appam for a few seconds.
- Spongy delicious sweet Kandarappam are ready. Serve it hot.