- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 29, 2017
This is a recipe for a traditional Kerala fish recipe.
Tip – wash the fish and make small cuts on both sides of the sardines to get more masala in them. Chaazhai means sardines, matti. Best to cook in man chatti (mud vessel)
The following two tabs change content below.
- Roast the red chilli and coriander seeds till golden brown without adding oil and switch off fire.
- Remove it from the Pan and then roast the other ingredients pepper, fennel seed and turmeric powder lightly in the same pan without fire.
- Then grind it in to powder and add little water and grind it till get paste.
- Add the shallots with the paste and make it further fine paste.
- Add the required tamarind pulp, salt, a little water and mix it well with thick consistency.
- Add the washed sardines’ fish with the mixed masala.
- Keep the mud pot in fire and add the mixed masala with fish and add the oil and curry leaves.
- Then cook it well till get it dry consistency.