- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- December 23, 2016
Sweet kadabu is mouth watering South Indian recipe especially prepared during the Nagarapanchami festival. I like this dish a lot. We usually prepare both spicy and sweet kadabu on this festival.Really I bet my friends u all would like this recipe a lot. My son likes this. When I was a little kid, I used to eat only this sweet kadabu on festival days.
My son is following my style. That’s the big difference in my Life today. Now its my responsibility to prepare this dish on the festival days.
This is my favorite recipe!!!!!!!
- Boil 1 and half cup water.Add salt as per taste and add the rice flour for boiled water and switch off the stove.
- Add one spoon of maida and knead the above said mixture well Use ghee for kneading the dough.Make sure there is lumps in the dough.
- Cover the dough in a closed container.Make sure that dough is hot. If dough becomes cool kadabu wont be nice.
- Prepare the sweet stuffing.Take a pan and add the ghee.
- Once the pan is heated, add one cup of fresh coconut, one and half cup of shredded coconut. Keep stirring it till the mixture becomes paste. Don't add any extra water.
- At last add the poppy seeds and cardamom powder as per taste and mix the sweet stuffing well and switch of the stove.
- Now prepare the round dough sheets using above prepared rice dough.
- Add sweet stuffing inside the round dough sheets and fold it as shown in my receipe image. Now kadabu is complete
- Prepare some more kadabu. Steam these kadabu in a idli pan for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now the sweet kadabu is ready to taste and relish. U can serve this recipe to your family.