Eggs are one of nature’s most perfectly balanced foods, containing all the protein, vitamins (except vitamin C) and minerals essential for good health. The benefits of organic eggs may be worth the extra cost. They come from chickens that were given 100 percent organic feed, free of any agricultural chemical residues. The chickens are also treated humanely, with access to outdoor space to roam. In addition, the eggs themselves contain essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals needed to keep you healthy.
For eggs to be labeled as organic, they must meet requirements drawn up and enforced by the ministry of Agriculture. The feed given to the chickens cannot come from crops that are genetically modified, treated with pesticides or herbicides, or fertilized with chemical or synthetic products. The chickens also cannot be treated with hormones, antibiotics or other pharmaceuticals. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency notes that some of the pesticides used in food production may cause cancer, skin irritations, nervous system disruption or hormonal imbalance in humans. Organic eggs are free from any of these potentially harmful chemical residues.
There are several health benefits that can be derived from eggs, including:
- Strong muscles– the protein within eggs helps keep muscles working well while slowing the rate at which they are lost.
- Brain health– eggs contain vitamins and minerals that are needed for the regular functioning of cells, including the brain, nervous system, memory, and metabolism.
- Good energy production– eggs contain all the daily vitamins and minerals that are needed to produce energy in all the cells of the body.
- A healthy immune system– vitamin A, vitamin B-12, and selenium are key to keeping the immune system healthy.
- Lower risk of heart disease– choline plays an important part in breaking down the amino acid homocysteine, which is associated with the development of heart disease.
- Healthful pregnancy– nutrients within eggs help to prevent congenital disabilities, such as spina bifida.
- Eyesight– lutein and zeaxanthin help to prevent macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness. Other vitamins also promote good vision.
- Weight loss and maintenance– the high quality of protein within eggs might help keep people energized and feeling fuller for longer. Feeling full prevents snacking, which reduces overall calorie intake.
- Skin benefits– some vitamins and minerals within eggs help promote healthy skin and prevent the breakdown of body tissues. A strong immune system also contributes to a healthy look overall.
- Eggs promote healthy hair and nails – Eggs can help to promote healthy hair and nails because of their high content of Sulphur-containing amino acids and the wide array of vitamins and minerals.
The health benefits of eggs can only be experienced when they form part of a balanced diet.
Source – medicalnewstoday.com
Latest posts by dilipramadas (see all)
- 10 benefits of Custard Apple (Sitaphala) - December 1, 2017
- How to hold a barbecue party? - September 13, 2017
- Weekend of a Soilprenuer - September 2, 2017
- My Journey as a Soilprenuer and not just as a Soloprenuer - August 25, 2017
- 10 Health Benefits of Organic Honey - August 17, 2017