- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 7, 2016
Andhra Rasam is a very easy, quick and tasty preparation which is a blend of a variety of spices with tamarind pulp & tomato puree. You can eat it with rice or have separately as a spicy soup. The choice is yours!
Rasam plays the primary role of promoting digestion, prevents constipation and has a number of other benefits too, because of the use of spices in the preparation.
It is usually difficult to find a healthy dish that is also appetizing, but rasam is one of those dishes. Find the recipe of ANDHRA RASAM given below.
- Squeeze tamarind pulp and tomato together
- Add this paste to a vessel.
- Add a cup of water initially and let the squeezed tomato to boil for a min.
- Add the powders and salt
- Add the coriander leaves and curry leaves
- Add the crushed garlic.
- Taste this now and add more water accordingly (so as to not cut the taste or dilute much)
- Let it boil. Season with mustard and cumin seeds/jeera. Turn off the stove.