- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 10 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 12, 2016
One of the most famous sweets in India. Suits every occasion to spread some joy with this sweet.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 45 mins.
- Peel the skin of the almonds.
- Grind the almonds into fine paste using just enough milk as needed to blend.
- Add Sugar n whip for couple of minutes.
- Heat butter/ghee in a heavy bottom vessel.
- As the butter/ ghee melts, add the almond paste n cook on medium flame.
- Stir continuously.
- Continue stirring until mixture thickens to the consistency of batter n starts leaving the sides of vessel.
- Now add cardamom powder.
- Continue stirring untill it come to consistency of chapathi dough.
- At this point pour this into a greased plate roll to thickness of quarter inch.
- Cut into desired shape n after it comes to room temp store it in a air tight container.