- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- April 26, 2016
Akki Rotti is a rice-based breakfast dish unique to the state of Karnataka, India but extremely popular. Akki-Rotti means rice-bread in the native language, Kannada. It is made of rice flour which is mixed with salt and water and kneaded well to make a soft dough. This is a very tasty and mouth watering dish if eaten when it is hot.
It is easy to prepare but takes lot of time for baking it. All rice lovers like this recipe. I am sure of it.
- First, prepare a soft dough of Akki Rotti.
- Add, finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chillies and finely chopped coriander leaves to Akki rotti flour.
- Add salt, a small spoon of oil and adequate amount of water for above said flour and mix well to a dough consistency.
- Allow the dough to soften for few minutes.
- Take an ironround bottom tava and first spread oil and then spread the dough evenly on tava as u have seen your grand mas doing at home.
- Bake it on stove untill the rotti is boiled and becomes reddish brown colour.
- Once the tava Rotti becomes reddish in colour. Switch off the stove.Now serve the rotti with butter as I have shown in Image.