- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Entrée/Main Course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 15, 2016
Spicy and delicious chicken curry that goes well with Roti / Rice / Ghee Rice or as a side dish for South Indian dishes like Idli / Dosa / Paddu / Idiyappam
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- Clean chicken
- Marinade for about half an hour with a little salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, Chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, pepper powder (Add half cup curd if desired)
- In the meanwhile, heat 2 tbspn oil in a kadai.
- Add onions and fry till transparent
- Add tomatoes and cook till tender. Then switch off and let it cool
- Once the onion and tomatoes have cooled, grind into puree
- In the same Kadai as used previously, heat another 2 tbspn of oil
- Add the marinaded chicken and fry till the color starts changing
- Then add the puree, mix well. Adjust salt to taste
- Let the chicken pieces cook in the gravy for about half hour on low heat
- Just about 5 mins before turning off the stove, add thick coconut milk. Mix well and let it cook for another 5 mins.
- Thats it! Your curry is ready! Serve with hot rotis / rice :)