- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- April 3, 2017
Drumsticks are usually used in Sambars and other preparations and very rarely in Rasam… But this Unique, Simple yet Yummy Drumstick Pappu-chaaru served with hot rice will certainly not disappoint you!
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- Pressure cook toor dal, tomato and garlic pods together for about 3-4 whistles
- Once this cools down, grind it in mixer into fine paste.
- Transfer the contents to a bigger vessel and cook on medium flame.
- Add the chopped drumsticks to the vessel.
- Add tamarind juice, Rasam powder, about 1 large cup of water, salt to taste.
- Let it boil till drumsticks become tender.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more water if you find the Rasam to be too thick. (The correct Ccnsistency should be similar to that of sambar)
- In a small kadai, heat 1 tbspn of oil. Add mustard and curry leaves and once it crackles, add this to the boiling rasam.
- Switch off the stove... Serve hot with Rice!