- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 13, 2016
Gobi is the Hindi name for Cauliflower. Gobi masala is a gravy dish that can be had with any Indian breads like, roti, naan, rumali roti, etc. This is a vegetarian delight for most and easy to make.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- Separate cauliflower florets and soak them in enough warm salted water for 5 to 10 mins.
- This way any worms inside the florets, will let them come out.
- Do not boil cauliflower
- Throw off the water and rinse thoroughly under running water, set aside to drain
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin, when they splutter add hing
- Add onions, green chili and sprinkle salt. fry till they turn golden brown
- Add ginger paste and sauté to get an aroma
- Add tomato if using, fry till the tomatoes turn mushy and look dry. I have not used
- Add cauliflower, sprinkle salt and turmeric. fry on medium high for 3 to 4 mins
- Cover the lid and simmer till half cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Usually there is no water needed. It will begin to release moisture by itself.
- However if it looks uncooked or if it does not release any moisture, sprinkle a fistful of water all over, cover and cook.
- Add kasuri methi, chili powder, garam masala and amchur powder (if tomato has not been used)
- Mix well and fry till the cauliflower is fully cooked but not mushy.