- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- August 28, 2016
Masala Vade is a snack that goes well with tea or coffee. Also with your lunch or dinner.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal in enough hot water for 2 hours. Drain it well.
- Combine the soaked chana dal, dry red chillies, green chillies, cumin seeds and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a thick coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and roll each portion into a round flat vada.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few vadas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot with coconut chutney.