- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 22, 2016
Kadale Usli is a South Indian dish which is mainly prepared at temples as offerings. Can be used as a snack as well. Tasty and absolute delight!
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Soak Kadale/Channa (Chickpea) overnight for about 7-8 hours
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker till the cooker whistles 3-4 times
- Heat a kadai add oil and mustard seeds, jeera, chopped green chillies, chopped onions, curry leaves.
- Stir fry it for 2-3 minutes
- Add boiled and drained chickpeas to the kadai
- Leave it in kadai for 5 minutes and then turn off gas
- Add lime juice, grated coconut and corriander leaves