- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- January 24, 2017
Dhokla is basically a Gujarati dish. It is also called as savory steamed cake prepared from gram flour. Khaman is a food common in Gujarat state of India. Dhokla is eaten as side dish or snacks. Usually, I prepare it as a snack. Since this dish is prepared using steamed method, people prefer to cook with microwave oven when short of time. But I have never tried with microwave oven.
I personally feel, instead of bonda this dhokla is a healthy snack. Currently, in my house my husband and myself both like it. My son eats when he is in a good mood. Else he screams at me “Plsss No Ma” “Don’t force me”.
Really! Cooking is a very important and very challenging hobby. Because you need to cook daily as per the taste of people in your house with different dish. Cooking in kitchen really exhibits creativity of every Indian Homemaker.
After coming to US, accepting the challenges of cooking. Thanks for my friend, for providing me a platform to post my recipes. Thank you Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Take fine powdered gram flour.
- Add salt, ginger paste and turmeric powder as per taste.
- Add curds and water to the gram flour and mix it properly without any lumps. Beat the batter rigorously.
- At last add the baking soda and eno salt. Beat the batter once again.
- Take a cooking flat pan and put the prepared batter and place it in a cooker. Steam cook the batter with out putting whistle for 20 minutes.
- Once the batter is cooked perfectly remove the dhokla and garnish with seasoning as I have showed in the pic.