- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- February 14, 2018
Simple and easy to make flavorful orange cake for desserts.
The following two tabs change content below.
I am Dilip Ramadas. I'm the founder of bhojanalay.com. My mother is the inspiration behind this website. My mother's recipes and culinary art needed a permanent place. So I built bhojanalay.com. I am a foodie and I like to write reviews of food and restaurants.
Latest posts by dilipramadas (see all)
- 10 benefits of Custard Apple (Sitaphala) - December 1, 2017
- How to hold a barbecue party? - September 13, 2017
- Weekend of a Soilprenuer - September 2, 2017
- My Journey as a Soilprenuer and not just as a Soloprenuer - August 25, 2017
- 10 Health Benefits of Organic Honey - August 17, 2017
- Grease well and lightly flour two 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream butter and gradually beat in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the orange juice.
- Mix nuts,coconut and dates and fold gently into batter.
- Pour batter into greased pans and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- Mix together 1/2 Cup of orange juice and 1 Cup of powdered sugar and pour over cakes in pans while still hot. Cool inpans on racks.
- Wrap in aluminum foil when cool and freeze if possible.
- Makes two loaves.