- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- August 20, 2016
An amazing appetizing soup for lunch/dinner. Make this soup with organically grown spinach, it will taste splendid.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- In a quart pan heat oil on medium flame and add cinnamon, eilichi, cloves and bay leaves.
- Then add onions and saute for a minute, add ginger and garlic, saute till everything is blended.
- Now add spinach and saute until the leaves wilt and shrink.
- Add celery and give it another stir.
- Then Pour in some water (1/2 cup) and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the stove and cool it.
- Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Strain the liquid( broth) and retain it.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth paste.
- Pour the blend mixture into a pan and add the retained broth and bring to a boil on medium flame.
- Add Salt and pepper, heavy cream and give it another stir.
- Enjoy hot with croutons/ bread crumbs.