- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 22, 2016
Uppittu is a simple South Indian dish generally prepared for breakfast and also prepared during fasting. Uppittu (semolina). This can also be had as an evening snack.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Fry rave in a kadai/pot
- Once it is fried, keep it aside to cool
- Add ingredients one after other the other in the following order: 2 spoons of oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, Chopped green chilles, chopped onions.
- When all ingredients are fried add 5 cups of water
- Once water boils add diced tomato
- Add salt to taste and leave it to boil
- Slowly add rave to the water and stir the mixture to ensure there are no lumps formed
- Add ghee and close the kadai with a lid for a while
- Once all water is reduced, garnish Uppittu with coconut and corriander. Serve hot!