- Preparation time
- 60 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 23, 2016
Rice Cakes are similar to what is also known as idlis, one of South India’s staple food.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Soak raw rice for about 3-4 hours
- Grind the soaked rice with half a cup of grated coconut
- Add grated bottle gourd and add salt
- Grease the cooker container with oil
- Pour the rice and bottle gourd batter into the container
- Put the container in the cooker and steam for 20 minutes
- After steaming the batter, leave it to cool down for sometime
- Once it cools down, cut it into pieces
- Serve it with coconut chutney