- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- Meal course
- Entrée/Main Course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 17, 2016
Hilsha bhapa is an authentic Bengali cuisine. It is one of the signature dish in Bengali community. Steamed Hilsa is also known as Ilish bhapa in Bengali. A must try for the food lover to enjoy the flavors.
The following two tabs change content below.
- Take a bowl, and marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, grated coconut, mustard paste, mustard oil.
- Add tomato and chillies with the marination.
- Mix it well and keep it aside for 10 mints to let the fish to soak the marination.
- Boil water in the pressure cooker.
- Cover the bowl containing marination with hard utensil.
- Keep the bowl inside the pressure cooker and cover the lid of the cooker.
- Wait until 1st whistle of cooker.
- Open the lid of cooker the take the bowl out.
- Serve it hot with rice.