- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- July 17, 2016
Okra or ladies finger as it is popularly known as in English, is a vegetable that finds it’s place in all Indian kitchens. Okra is known by different names in Indian languages, Bendekayi in Kannada, Bhindi in Hindi and Vendekai in Tamil. Gombo in French (might as well though in an international translation!). Okra has several health benefits. To name a few, it lowers cholesterol, manages diabetes by keeping blood glucose levels stable, boosts immune system, etc. The recipe that I have posted is for stuffed Okra fry. It can be appetizer and can also be snacks with a cup of Indian Tea.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Grind all the ingredients (except okra) without water.
- Wash Okra/Ladies finger and carefully slit it in the middle.
- Gently fill the mix in the slit made in okra.
- Put the now stuffed okra on the frying pan.
- Sprinkle a little oil around the stuffed okra
- Cook it till it becomes brown.