- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 21, 2016
A tasty side dish for Idli / Dosa / Paddu / Chappati / Idiyappam / Appam…
The following two tabs change content below.
Shravanthi is a graphic designer, photographer, cook, blogger and a mother with keen interest in health and wellness. Her creative side always keeps her on her toes.
- Heat 1tbspn oil in Kadai. Add urad dal and fry till they turn light brown
- Add onions and fry till transparent
- Add tomatoes and fry till tender
- Add red chillies and fry for about 30 secs-1 minute.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Add this entire fried mixture to a grinder, add tamarind and salt. Grind into fine paste by adding the required quantity of water.
- Transfer the contents to a bowl.
- In the same kadai used previously, add half tbspn oil.
- Add mustard and let it pop.
- Add curry leaves, fry for about 30secs. Switch off the fire..
- Add this seasoning to the chutney. Mix well and serve.