- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 30 mins
- 5 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- November 7, 2016
Vegetable pulav is a rice based, very fulfilling dish with aromatic spices and vegetables. Usually a breakfast dish in Karnataka. Raitha and pudina chutney compliment best with this dish. Ketchup would be suggested for kids.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nagarathna is a home maker with keen interest in cooking and handicrafts. The original inspiration behind the idea and concept of Bhojanalay.com. She has over 40 years of cooking experience and has gathered good amount of knowledge about various cuisines, cooking tips and tricks!
- Place a Kadai on stove and fry green chillies and corriander leaves with little oil
- Grind cinamon, corriander seeds, cloves, pepper corn, garlic, ginger with fried green chilli and corriander leaves
- Heat the cooker and put 2 table spoon oil, 1 tablespoon ghee and add 1 chopped onion
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes then add chopped vegetables (carrot, potato, beans)
- Fry for 5 minutes and add washed rice
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes, then add grinded masala
- Add twice the amount of water in ratio to rice
- Add salt to taste and close the lid
- Leave the cooker till the first whistle
- After 10 minutes open the lid and mix the content well
- Serve it hot